Thursday, January 21, 2010

SELL OUT!

This morning I was greeted by a warm rejection email from a photography company
who promises to create a "career" out of their talents. I figured I already have a career elsewhere as a corporate slave driver (aka Manager) and that photography for me is more of a hobby-cum-expression. I was programmed to believe that the path to becoming a pro, though difficult, will eventually be paved with the right mindset and insane marketing. Definitely naive, like the ideals of a fresh grad on his first day of work as he opens the doors to the corporate world. Yet I wanna keep it that way and somehow it made me think that I am glad I was rejected, because if not I'd be "that-one-thing" independent artists fear to become: a CORPORATE SELL OUT. Or perhaps I'm just plain bitter for being rejected and being left out from "the" Big Break...hahhaha

And so in my bitter state and corporate attire, I begin this blog. And this first post allows me to introduce myself (as a photographer, and not a writer) and my pet project.

My name is Christian and I am the freak behind malubs photography. I've been hooked to this drug for only a year as I bought my Nikon D80 last November 2008 without the slightest idea on how to change film..until I realized it
was digital (corny). I joined a basic photography course a month later under FPPF (Federation of Philippine Photographers Foundation) and realized my potentials when I bagged two awards in the two categories of our final project:

Lansangan

2nd Place, Environmental Photography Category
Bulaga!
3rd Place, Still Life Category - Umbrella


Since then, this insanity has encouraged me to improve my skills and broaden my discipline as an aspiring photographer. I instantly nurtured a passion over things I see in the eyes of my lens:

In Photojournalism



Portraiture
























Concert

























Fashion












Food Photography
























I began seeing the world in still frames and in fourteen months, with a myriad of photos taken, seminars attended and money spent, I have created a decent looking portfolio
in multiply (www.malubs9.multiply.com ) and gained friends who constantly follow my posts.

This blog is my pet project. It is the documentation of my second year in photography moving forward to oblivion, and enjoying every minute of it. If you feel that I deserve a second look, please be a follower and leave comments. Thank you!


2 comments:

  1. How did you NOT know you had this talent?!? You're absolutely amazing!! I can't wait to see more!

    I have my own photoblog if you want to stop by! Its at www.myshutterspeed.com! Please leave comments I would love to learn from such an amazing photographer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I guess I'm one of those "late bloomers". but hey, not too late i guess! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete